Ichabod or Kabod? In 1 Samuel 4 we read the sad story of a season in the life of God's people. They behaved as if the glory of God was still present when in fact it had departed (Ichabod = 'the glory has departed').
When Eli's sons chose to bring the Ark of the covenant (symbolic of God's glory) into the heat of the battle with the Philistines - it was a futile act demonstrating the fact that God had long since departed from the fabric of the nation. Israel was heavily defeated - 30,000 foot soldiers killed, the Ark of the Covenant stolen and Eli's (High priest) two sons were killed. Upon hearing the news of their death Eli falls over backwards on his chair and breaks his neck and dies. When one of Eli's daughter-in-law's heard her husband, brother-in-law and father-in-law had all died, as well as the Ark being taken - she goes into early labour and gives birth to a child and names him 'ICHABOD' - the glory of the Lord has departed! She then dies also! That was not even a BAD DAY at the office - it was a total tragedy in the nation!
I would like to share some prophetic burdens that I've been carrying for sometime now as we look into 2015 and all God desires to release on the planet in the year ahead that relate to this portion of Scripture:
- God is not mocked - what a man sows he shall also reap (Gal 6:7-8). God has been desiring to release a final season of Glory upon the church for sometime but there has been a season of reaping from the 'flesh' originating from behaviour similar to Hophni and Phineas (Eli's sons) within the church. Exposure of this type of behaviour will be prevalent in 2015. Not because God delights to expose our sin but rather because many have been unwilling to submit their 'flesh straying ways' to the long time promptings of the Holy Spirit.
- God is making us acutely aware that He will not be treated like a 'good luck charm' to make the church successful in it's coming in and going out! The Ark of the Covenant was treated like some kind of amulet charm that would bring them protection and success. The reality was that God's presence had long gone from their midst and what they saw in their devasting defeat to the Philistines was a concrete reality of what had already happened in the spirit realm. God had already departed. This is what Paul wrote to Timothy - 2 Timothy 3:5 (NKJV) 5 having a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such people turn away! God doesn't want us to treat Him as some superstitious idol but rather a living, life giving relationship in order to experience the wonder of His love and Presence.
- The time for 'man made manufacturing' of God's presence is coming to an end. It is natural for mankind to manufacture when the real thing is not present. But to say that God's glory and presence are here when they are not - brings great heartache to the LORD! When we are telling God's people it is raining but no one is getting 'wet' we are manifesting our EMPTY VESSELS and mis-representing God!
- A time of Repentance globally across the church will usher in a 'recovery of breath' to early adopters as God prepares his Bride for an outpouring of GLORY. The Apostle Peter put it like this to God's people who had been resisting the new outpourings of God in Jerusalem: Acts 3:19 (NKJV) 19 Repent therefore and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, so that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord. The word refreshing literally means 'a recovery of breath'. It is time for the church to recover its breath by receiving the life giving breath of God.
- A KAIROS season of GLORY[Kabod] is about to be unveiled. Habakkuk 2:14 (NKJV)14 For the earth will be filled With the knowledge of the glory of the Lord, As the waters cover the sea. This word 'knowledge' means to ascertain by experience. In other words - not just an intellectual knowledge but rather a physical experience! God is Omnipresent - everywhere at once. But we know he is present when His manifest presence is made known! 2015 will be a year of new realms of glory being manifested in the earth! Of this I am certain. Who will experience the forefront of this? The humble, broken and contrite in heart, hungry and thirsty people of God that can no longer stand representing a God who seems static and lifeless! It is a time for the REAL GOD of heaven and earth to be seen!
It is time to ARISE and SHINE for the GLORY of the LORD has risen upon you! Get HUNGRY! Get THIRSTY! DESIRE earnestly the best gifts and be ready to PARTICIPATE in a rising MOVE of GOD that will get the attention of the CHURCH and the WORLD!